.
.

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Happy Messes


The last two weeks, I have gone from mess to mess to mess....
to mess.






In each mess, I'm learning.
So much so, that I'm having a hard time putting it into words.
Maybe because I'm still in the middle of messes.




One thing that's certain.
Every time I hear the women we work with share their word and what it means to them, I am completely honored to be a part of the process.





In the midst of all the mess, we realize we aren't alone.
We all have messes, we all have words.


When the messes and words and meanings are shared?


That's when the magic happens.





New friendships are formed, laughter is shared, and we learn from each other.
Even in the smallest thoughts shared. Maybe with some timidness, but the when words are said out loud everyone benefits. 
Everyone.


For the next couple of weeks, I'll keep prepping, balancing, missing some marks, cleaning, making more messes and learning.



At the end of the night, when I get to look at these faces?
 Worth every mess.



Linking to Paint Party Friday


22 comments :

  1. Beautiful work, love how you used the scraps. Happy PPF, Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Lisa. I don't see how you can really do art without the mess. When I looked at your shot with the word "hold", though, the first word I saw was "hogwash".

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really looks that you've been busy with your art. I like the scrap pages, there I can see the life...
    Happy PPF xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a happy post! I love all the art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your canvas series! Happy Friday! Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Lynn...wow you are giving those women a gift for a lifetime...you have no idea...it's the gift that keeps giving...well worth a mess or ten!! Beautiful work, love the spirit of this post!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  7. great photos of what looks to have been a great workshop. Creative mess is good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your mess, and don't we all have mess when creating?

    ReplyDelete
  9. totally worth the very small and contained messes... they aren't messes... come visit here one day and i will show you some messes... they are my superpower... xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful creative messes...wish I lived closer...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your post really speaks to me as I revel in my messes that shift and change.
    Thank you for sharing so much inspiration and the joy of gathering and making messes together ♥
    Happy PPF
    oxo Patty #47

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE. So happy to see your mess and the beauty that happens because of it. I resonated with this post so much--thank you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love when things begin "as a mess" and morph into something beautiful- like your piece. Looks like everyone did a great job with their super projects too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. When everything is neat and tidy in my studio, I can't seem to create. It's only when it gets messy that the juices start flowing. So I say messes are great! I love your art and your words. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How lovely and inspirational! Truly wonderful! HAPPY PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You created such beautiful art. The mess was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all the "messes" The photos of all the beautiful women are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So much fun to see all your messes of supplies all around for inspiration and use. The project results are wonderful, and the camaraderie, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your mess looks really great! It shows a lot of actions and the beautiful results. One more mess, please ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your artwork is amazing. . .love the thoughts and the art. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great and happy messes. Inspiring and thanks for showing them to the world.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and for the lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete