.
.

Monday, October 26, 2009

How Not To Begin A Monday.

(Note: Do not read this post if you love cats.)

It started as a decent day. Got up, got Brenna up, got out the door at a decent time. A nice morning.

Until the cat decided to bolt out into the middle of the street while I am doing 50 (yes, I was doing the speed limit) on a two-lane highway.


[1cats002.jpg]
Stupid cat.

I confess, I have never, ever experienced this before and I was horrified. As there was a line of traffic behind me, I couldn't slam on my brakes, I couldn't stop and I couldn't pull over. So I had to keep going. As I looked in my review mirror, I saw the cars going around the now dead cat. Or was it? Even more horrified, I saw the tail twitching.

Stupid cat.

Brenna said to me, "MOM! What WAS that?" No one could miss the thunking sound under the car. I looked at her and all I could come up with was, "I hit something." "WHAT, Mom, what??" "A rodent." Did I mention I was horrified??
With her hands spread out like she was lifting something, Brenna then said to me, "Well, MOM, we should go back, and pick it up and carry it to the side of the road."

Uhhhh, Who is the one in the car with the "cognitive delays???"

Stupid cat.

I guess Brenna had something to discuss during science today. Her teacher told me she brought it up.
(Luckily I had told the teacher the story before Brenna got to the class room.) And, no, I did not put myself into oncoming traffic to go pick up the cat.

Some day I will get back to ART on this blog.

Until then, have a better day than I did.
~Lynn

4 comments :

  1. Don't worry--cats are the equivalent of rodents in our family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. between your post, TC's comments on facebook and now the one above, I have laughed HARD!! I am not a fan of cats either, though I do not wish that any of them meet their maker in the way this one did. That said, your quick judgement in favor of avoiding a possible 30 car pile up going 50 miles an hour was heroic. I'm sure the cat doesn't agree but s/he's dead and that vote doesn't count. Too bad, so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lynn, I'm so sorry that happened to you. I'm not a cat person either but no one ever wants to go through that. It just sucks, for you.. and for the cat. I hope the rest of your week is much, much better.

    Karen
    My Desert Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry that you had to experience that, Lynn. My first husband and I hit a cat late at nite when driving to Virginia. There was no one else on the highway and the road was very dark and it was sitting in the middle of the road. It didn't have a chance. It's just a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. :(

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete