.
.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

More Cuteness and Rain


Does anyone recall the Sunday school song that goes something like this: "God told Noah to build Him an arky, arky. Oh, God told Noah to build Him an arky arky. The animals, the animals they came in by twosies, twosies.."  Well, that is how it feels out here in Southern California. I was driving Brenna home from school and the rain was coming down so hard, all our neighborhood streets were overflowing past the drains, over the curbs and even spouting up through the manhole covers. Nice. Makes one wonder if one will get swept down the street in one's car. Brenna thought it was great fun. Especially when we couldn't see out of the windshield due to a particularly nasty spot of water in the road that went up and over the car. As she was happily singing at the top of her lungs, "the wipers on the bus go swish, swish, swish.." (why do kids sing so loud when you are most stressed??) I was fervently praying for our sight to be returned and to get through the water!

Now for the fun part. Since I have not been inclined to venture out so much this rainy week, I have been fairly productive. However, I am  not sure how I will get these bottles of cuteness to vintagesusie&wings shop up in Crestline. Susie reports the local mountains have been snowing, raining, sleeting, and just about every type of "ing". I so do not drive in the snow. I did for four years in Tulsa, OK. and I tell you what, it ain't for us southerners!!!

ANYway....bottles:



The watch part was from the goodies my mom gave me a while back. The tag, "Be Mine" was an added goodie from Miss Cindy over at Yapping Cat Studio. ( I bought the most beautiful vintage paper weight from her. She has the best stuff!)




I added the "til the end of time" part. Then I kept humming a song from Dan Fogelberg about time. Maybe it was Dan. Could have been another group. Who knows with my rain-addled brain?




Just looked up the lyrics to the song. It wasn't Dan, it was the group, Restless Heart. Restless Heart? Uh, o.k. Lord have mercy. I really need to see blue sky.




I got this cutie-patootie ballerina from Karen over at the graphics fairy. I think she is waiting for someone to sing a song to her. Maybe a song about being hers until the end of time. I know one I could suggest.




Then I came up with an idea to decorate these cute little mailboxes. (still in progress.) Who knows? If it keeps raining, I'll finish them and then I can clean up my ETSY shop and put them in there for Valentine's!!




Stay warm and dry wherever you are!!





7 comments :

  1. oh, WAY CUTE idea, those mail boxes. I love them!!!! Where did you find them?? Boy would I love to give those to a couple of people...hmmm
    you just keep coming up with ideas. Love it!! And I just keep sitting in front of the TV. Booooooo!! Well, fighting floods is hard work. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are incredibly cute and very unique, Lynn. Hope you get over to the store but be careful. I know you will.

    We are expecting an inch of ice tomorrow. I have already had someone call and ask me to cancel an appointment...no problem for me! I am really to hole-in and create.

    Neither are fun to drive in. I remember once having that experience of "hydroplaning" in the water. It sounds so glamorous...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! You have been busy!

    I think that the little ballerina on the bottle is listening to someone singing "the wipers on the bus go swish, swish, swish".

    But I could be wrong.

    After all, it really is quite a catchy tune.

    Much better than "the blade on the snowplow goes scrape, scrape, scrape".....

    Drive carefully!

    Or better yet, stay home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bottles and mailbox are so cute!
    Try to stay dry!
    Shanno

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are on a roll my fren! :D Loving it all and so glad you could use the tag! And I don't blame you, I don't like to drive in any element cept good ol sunshine! :D

    hugs,
    -c
    yapping cat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Friend...These are adorable!!!!
    I can't wait to see them in person! The 'ings' have stopped for the moment. Today, Sunday, I could be 'sunning' because it's gorgeous if it wasn't for all the HUGH MOUNDS of snow everywhere. LOL The shop has been slooooww with all the snow keeping everyone home, I sure hope next week is a little brighter. Enjoy all your creative juices flowing, your work is FABULOUS! ;)
    Smiles,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lynn!! These creations are absolutely wonderful!! Thanks for sharing them with us. :)

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete