.
.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Just Life.

In case you haven't noticed, posts have been a little scarce around here.
Part of it is due to the time of the year. The last two weeks of school and the first two are usually my hardest times of the year in terms of busyness. This year, with the Race Across America, we have been in busy overload.




I know it's bad when I wake up on a Sunday morning and don't want to move.
 And then I don't.
This week, Brenna is finished with her freshman year of high school. Next week, the team takes off for the race. Lauren will be part of the team again this year. Brenna and I leave to join them at the finish line on the 25th, and then help drive motor homes back across the country. That takes us to the fourth of July........


....and whoosh. Just like that, a month has flown by.
This is where I fight off the feelings of panic. 
I still have NOTHING done about my etsy shop.
I have not touched my art room in at least a week and a half.
Summer will fly by, and I long for lazy days.
Which is why I'm pretty much laying here, fairly paralyzed in bed.


Then I recall my word for the year:


And I tell myself:

I'm going to try my best to focus on the present moment, not panic about an etsy shop.
I'm going to try my best to schedule in artwork, and love the moments I have with it.
I will NOT panic because I'm not where I think I "should" be with my blog, art, Brenna, the house, the yard, etc.
I will NOT give in to feelings of not doing enough with art, or anything else for that matter, because I cannot do it ALL!
I WILL be intentional about enjoying each day-even if they are crazy busy- because I won't ever have another one quite like it.


Let's enjoy this day, this week, my friends, no matter what craziness lies in it!
xoxo
lynn










10 comments :

  1. So well said Lynn
    take on what you can and the other stuff will follow.
    Its not fun if you force it to be fun.
    I wish you all luck in the race and a safe finish and return home.
    I on the other hand wish summer away because of our horrible heat. If it stays in the 80's like it has started then it can stay. LOL
    Enjoy your lounging this morning.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've really needed a late morning, Lynn! I do know what you mean . . . . sometimes I, too, feel that there aren't enough hours in the day to do what I want to do for myself -- life happens when you least expect it! Squeeze in little moments for yourself and remember to 'breathe'!!! This too shall pass!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. right there with you lynn. it's a good thing we don't have to remember to breath isn't it? gerry & i have spent the last month & a half working 18 hour days so we can catch up enough to spend a week at the cabin as a family before i start my real job and swim practice starts...we are both wondering if all these long back breaking hours are worth 5 days of less stressfull but equally necessary cabin-work...
    why do we do this stuff to ourselves!
    my etsy shop hasn't had a thing in it in 7 months....
    remember the "gong show"....
    i'm feeling gongish...
    there was a HUGE cruise ship in town today and boy did i ever want to sneak on and stowaway...
    one day at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought to characterize some of my recent feelings as panic, but that's what they are. I needed this post this morning.

    I've been panicking since 3:30 AM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing post my friend.. I think at times we all go through that. It takes a lot of practice to live in the moment.. Cause our brains want to take over and remind us of all the thing we need to do. I have been trying to take each day as it comes and enjoy it.. Not always that easy. practice makes perfect..

    Your blog will always be hear.. Your crafts will always be there also.

    One of my favorite quotes to help me
    enjoy is...

    "This is the day the Lord has made Let's rejoice and be glad in it".. I have it hanging on my bathroom mirror just to remind me..

    So enjoy my friend.. So you don't miss the joy of the day.

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post. Your words completely resonated with me. We are "enough" just the way we are and are exactly where we're supposed to be at this moment. Thank you so very much for this post. xoxoxoxoxo

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen sistah...you said it all there. Now is the moment that counts the very most, because we never know if there will be another one! You are PERFECTLY beautiful my friend, right here, right now, doing the things you do everyday to keep your family happy & healthy & feeling your love.
    You know I think your pretty amazing sweet friend!
    Big hugs & lots of love,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you, Lynn! Life has been very busy around my place, too...and I'm going to take a break soon, too...summer's too short!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this gal! Summer is usually slow for blogging all around, so it's a great time to just do what you can do without stressing!

    Love ya! Praying for your trip!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a good reminder as I sit here and wonder - how did it get to be JUNE? Romeo has been delinquent with regard to his blog and I....well, it's been crazy here too. So here I sit, almost midnight trying to catch up with blogger friends and was almost feeling disheartened....and then i read this.....thank you for the reminder....and for realizing I'm not the only one dancing as fast as I can! Now where is that Romeo??????

    ReplyDelete