.
.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Never in a million years did I think we would ever be back in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Doug and I came here two weeks after we were married, so he could begin medical school. That was 25 years ago. Our marriage was cemented through some very difficult years here. We made life-long friends, found the group called Adult Children of Alcoholics that pretty much saved our lives. I was one miss- placed southern California girl. We experienced more weather in the four years we were there than in our whole 25 years together! Our big night out was pizza from Mazzio's and the Dollar Movie Theater.
I'm grateful for our time there, and even more grateful for the years that have followed.
Now it's off to drive another 200 miles and see what surprise we have in store for tonight's sleeping arrangements.

3 comments :

  1. The whole journey looks like a wonderful adventure! Enjoy your special times together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is beautiful! I can't imagine how wonderful it was to stand beneath those praying hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn,
    I was going to ACOA at the same time! Thus began a decade of family interventions. Oh, my. What next?
    Hugs,
    Suz

    ReplyDelete