.
.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day


"It is easy to give birth. The hard part is showing up for the job every day."~ Erma Bombeck


This gal really does epitomize Mothers. She is quite beautiful, but I'm thinking her face isn't particularly serene and happy. In fact, she looks a little disgruntled. Probably because her airway is getting cut off by the two children hanging on her neck. The little boy looks like he is going to start a fight over who gets to hug mom. Plus, you can't help but wonder if she is sweating like a pig underneath all those clothes.  Lord knows I would be! 
The eldest is portrayed looking heavenward. We really know what she is thinking. "When is it nap time for these two so I can spend some time with Mom?" Either that, or she is doing a great job of eye-rolling because Mom just asked her to put the basket of vegetables away! 
It isn't easy being a mom, but the blessings far outweigh the troubles.

I wish each one of you, whether you are a mother, grandmother, aunt or someone who has had the honor of filling some amazing shoes for kids who need and crave and appreciate all your love that you give,
a very happy Mother's Day. You are beautiful to those you love.

And to my two sweet girls who have blessed my life beyond reason, 
I love you to the moon and back and more than ice cream.






10 comments :

  1. How sweet of a post Lynn! Thanks for stopping by....
    It looks like you have your hands full with two beautiful daughters =)
    Happy Mother's Day!
    diane
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post, Lynn~ Such a lovely photo of you and your daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mothers Day to you, Lynn. You can just see how much your children love you!

    I love your explanation of the picture above...everyone wanting a piece of mom. That's very real. It isn't easy...even with one...or two! Sometimes they seem to take more than we think we have. Other times, they seem so grown up and almost like our mothers. It's quite a job but it is my favorite one by far!

    Sending you much love and wondering how the show went!

    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you read that picture! I think your narration is probably spot on, too. Yep... in motherhood, there's definitely nothing new under the sun. I hope you and your daughters had a wonderful Mom's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Victorian motherhood-idealization pictures can be something. I was amused that you found one with a realistic expression on her face! I hope you had a great day!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mommy's Day! I hope you had a good one. (I saved you picture in my picture file because you all look so beautiful! You are blessed!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello
    Hope you had a wonderful mothers day, your girls are beautiful!
    Many blessings
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Lynn, thank you for stopping by to say hello and visit us on the farm! Oh a barn would be nice but if you don't end up with a barn chicks would be great. I LOVE my chickens and my geese as much as the dogs and cats..they're great entertainment! You have a lovely blog and I'm going to have fun coming back and reading your old posts. Have a wonderful Tuesday..take care...Maura:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. heehee! Pretty good way to look at that painting....

    You crack me up!

    And then along comes the Beauty Queen Trio in the photo!

    Oooo! La La!

    ReplyDelete