.
.

Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday Ramblings

Let's begin rambling by addressing the subject of bra shopping. 
Really, let's just put this horrific subject on the table. It used to be a little enjoyable, but not anymore. Why is it no one explained to me that this would happen? It's like women not being honest about childbirth. No one told me I would one day qualify to live with the women on the cover of National Geographic. Not one woman in my life told me there would be the slightest possibility that my youngest would walk in on my shower and frantically wave her hands in front of her and say, "I don't like those." 
Yesterday, my new undergarments fit in the dressing room. I think the darkness of the dressing room helped, because today they are back in the bag, ready to be returned to the store. WHAT was I thinking? How is it something fits one day and the next you have turned into Grandma Moses? 
On top of that, I bought moisturizer for my face by Oil of Olay, labeled "for mature skin." I figured if it said on the box it was good for menopausal skin, it was a good idea to purchase it. I honestly think the bottle would fit in the bra I have to return better than I do.




On to better thoughts.....

How is the first week of summer?
Are you ready to send your kids back to school?
Naahhh...not me. I'm one of those moms that hates when school begins in the fall.  
Not like it's a cake walk adjusting to school being out, mind you. But once we all adjust, oh, man....I love it.

My sweet husband is on an outing with his best friend for the week.
This means Brenna and I are ordering pizza, (not that I ate any..still no gluten or dairy in my life.) swimming, getting movies, reading books, sometimes walking the dog, (but not much) and generally doing what we feel like. As in stopping by the new bakery in town after Art Camp. Twice.
They have gluten free cookies. I haven't had a cookie in three months.


Brenna and I even had a slumber party and stayed up and watched The Tooth Fairy. Unfortunately, Brenna forgot to sleep in and got up at 6:30 the next morning. Lucky for me she doesn't stay up super late.
Wait. This sounds like regular summer to me, not just when my husband leaves. Well, there is a little less guilt when we order the pizza and don't walk the dog when he's gone. But not much.


I think I'm ready to tell you my big news.
I am going to learn how to be very brave.
How?
By going to BRAVE GIRL'S CAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For reals.
I'm going.
Next week, Tuesday through Saturday.
Have you heard about it? No???
Oh, quick-click HERE. And HERE.
For general information about the fabulous Brave Girls, click here.

Yup, I'm putting on my big girl panties, boarding a plane and flying to Boise, Idaho.
I am.
SO. stinking. excited.
I've found someone to care for Brenna while I'm gone and Doug is at work. 
A MAJOR miracle, and a huge blessing-thank you, Danae!!!




I am seriously wanting to LEARN. 
I want to be firmly planted in what it is I want to do with my art and myself by the time I am finished with camp.
2012.
The summer of camp.
I'm going, Brenna is going in July, Lauren is working at a camp all summer....
I love camp.


Do you ever find yourself so full of hope by considering all the possibilities there are in this life? (Minus bra shopping, of course.)
The possibility of creating, finding purpose, being and doing what you are meant to do.
Sometimes this happens to me with too much caffeine.
But, like today, I recognize the grace in life and think, "YES. This life is just good." 




11 comments :

  1. Hi Lynn,
    Thanks so much for posting on my Soggy Dog Blog this morning... I didn't realize that my little birdy was featured on Brave Girls newsletter this morning - so thank you so much for letting me know. Ironically it was featured with a message that I NEEDED to hear today! Of course all there messages are super motivating. Congratulations to you for going to BGC... One of these days I hope I am sooo lucky to go! I look forward to hearing about your experience there.... and I will continue to follow your lovely blog!!! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Lynn! Have a blast. And then come back and tell us all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really needed your bra story this morning. thanks so much for the smile it gave me.
    hope you have a fantastic time at brave girls, it sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you, Lynn, and I can't wait to hear all about it!! I hope you have the most wonderful time! (And I sure hear you about the shopping...bras, jeans, and swim suit shopping...torture!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AhHaHa! I can so relate! And I can't wait to meet you next week at BGC! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lost it at Brenna's shower comment. That is so funny! I can only laugh because I have the droops too.

    I read on Chatty Chrone that putting a penny in the water will fix drooping flowers. I've been considering pennies in the bra ever since. I'm pretty sure mine are so long gone by now that I need to use quarters.

    And now I have to click and find out about brave girls camp.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited to met you next week! Love your blog and I can soooo relate to the bra story! So funny! See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynn, I love this post. It says "summer" all over. I, too, love summer and I'm not too crazy about school starting in the fall.

    How lucky you are to go to the Brave Girls. I wish you the best of times.

    And about bra shopping - we have a wonderful bra shop in town that sells mainly bras from Europe. I LOVE them. They are so well fitting (and you know, I'm not small breasted) and of really good quality. They are a bit on the expensive side, but it's money worth spending. Before that I always waited for our next trip to Germany - no more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you have a wonderful summer planned.. I have to say I really hate bra shopping also. No fun at all.. Have a great time at camp my friend..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  10. you made me laugh and you made me smile and I hope you have the best time at camp, I have never heard of this and I will go now with th link you gave us, have a super time, don't feel bad about the bra shopping, a few of us know exactly where you're coming from on that one, ha ha, you just put it down on paper, (computer so much better than some of us could) ,, you are so funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lynn-
    I can so identify with this post- from the bra and the moisturizer standpoint. Some times I get things home and then think later---- what was I thinking!!

    I'm excited about your camp experience- do glad you are doing something just for you!!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete