.
.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hey!!

Hi All!
I am not going to bore you with how crazy life has been, or how crazy it's going to get with the last two weeks of school coming down the pike. Nor will I bore you with how destructive my dogs have been, or how I want to put them both up for adoption.
I won't whine about how little artwork I have done.
I won't fret about the show in Newport Beach we are doing June 19th.
Huh.
What's left?
Well...


The garden is growing...



We have a new tenant:



She is faithfully watching after her eggs. Which I haven't looked at, as I'm afraid I will disturb the Mom. No Moms like to be disturbed when they have a chance to rest!!



I looked up facts about hummingbirds and found that they usually have two eggs, each less than 1/2 inch long.



Isn't she sweet?



We saw her feeding the babies two days ago, but I haven't seen any little heads popping up. She feeds her little ones half digested insects that she regurgitates for them. Makes strained peas look good.



More sooner than later!!!
Have a great day~


6 comments :

  1. Hi Lynn~ that is the sweetest bird, such a good mama...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you were able to get such a good shot of her.

    So neat to me that even those wing whirring hummingbird moms sit completely still when nesting their chicks. The nest is shaped differently than ones I find around here.

    And I love your yellow roses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky! Yellow roses and hummingbirds are two of my favorite things...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! This is about the sweetest thing I've seen lately. And that nest is just beautiful. Yesterday I was out with my dogs and a hummingbird flew up and hovered just inches from my face looking me right in the eye, as if to say, "What's with the garden this year?" I guess I better get busy. LOL.
    Hugs, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lynn,
    These pictures are wonderful!!! I adore the sweet Mommy Hummingbird, I can't believe she stays still long enough for you to take her picture...how cool is that!
    I would love to see you & your sister when she comes up & Friday is a good day as I won't be at my Dad's on the weekend so I can work the shop. If it's quiet, maybe we can even go across the street for some lunch again...that was soooo fun!
    Can't wait to see you again...miss you too friend!
    Smiles & Hugs,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Si lovely, Lynne. We have been sick here and all I could to is peek in last week but it gave me a lot pf pleasure.

    Our fair is today...is this your day, too?

    ReplyDelete