.
.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

A New Stamp


I found this cool stamp at Michael's the other night.
I was out "escaping" and came across it in the dollar bin.
I felt it spoke to me, and I laughed out loud when I saw it.


Can you relate?
I had so many sentences run through my head.
Such as:
"I want to remember where on earth I put that purchase from the cute paper store in San Diego that I treated myself to."

"I want to remember what day it is. All day."

"I want to remember what I am making for dinner sooner than 10 minutes before dinner."

"I want to remember. Period."


Or maybe along these lines:

"I want to remember how Brenna looks when she sleeps."

"I want to remember Lauren's hugs."

"I want to remember the feel of the sun on my skin on a perfect beach day."

"I want to remember how my husband made me laugh so hard when running through a parking lot years ago."


For the most part though, it's like this:

"I want to remember what book I read last week, cause it was really, really good."

"I want to remember the last non-kid movie I saw."

"I want to remember where I put my 3rd pair of reading glasses."

"I want to remember where I put that 'Pioneer Woman's' cookbook I ordered last year for Christmas."

Ah well...One can always hope!

12 comments :

  1. That is quite a thought provoking little statement you've stumbled across. I think it will keep me busy for a while :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite a buy for the dollar bin! I have lost three things this week...I Want To Remember, Lynn!!!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't remember what I want to remember...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post...and this is why I now carry a notebook to write down all my "great ideas." Scary that I can't seem to keep it all in my head anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that stamp and need one too. I guess because I'm just back from being eyebrow deep in Bible study this weekend, my mind went to all of the things that I have learned about God that I just WANT to remember.

    This is great. I'll probably be thinking about it again today, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny.. I can totally realate.
    My memory is so bad and every school year we have to remember all the kids names.. That 80 different kids.. Some of the other teacher learn them in a week.. Not me! It takes me over a month..

    Oh well, whats a teacher to do! Hope you have a great day!

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Friend,
    You are singing my song!!! I want to make several diffent lengths of necklaces from which I will hang...
    My glasses, my hair scrunchie, my finger splint, the remote control & the wireless house phone as though are just a few things that I can't find on a regular schedule. Another great idea could be to put in an internal survailence camera. That way when I can't find something, I could just go to it & rewind it & watch what stupid place I put them...sounds good right!!!
    Hugs girl & I know you had a fabulous time in Los Gatos!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES, oh to remember, brilliant stamp!
    so many memories out there somewhere!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is just too funny! I can't remember what it is that I am supposed to remember!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You put it so well. There are so many things I want to remember, or pray I won't forget. Usually they're the little moments in life that slowly get lost in the haze. It's so important to stop sometimes and think "I want to remember this."
    Great post.
    April @ HomeHinges.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. you posted this while you were here?? When did you have time to do THAT?! You are amazing. I thought we were together all of the time...I want to remember when we weren't :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, you really had me laughing on this one (especially about remembering what day is is all day!).
    Sadly, my over 40 brain needs this stamp!

    ReplyDelete