.
.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Creative Juices

Well, well well. Who knew the 'ol creative juices were still alive and flowing? I have been wanting to create a collage for the longest time. When I do, lots and lots of things happen. Thinking, pondering, meditating, yearning, and just pure happiness comes. Frustration as well, but mostly happiness. And contentment.


I was visiting my friend, Pam's blog. She is participating in a 
"vision journaling workshop." It has really brought forth some amazing insights for her and while reading what Pam has been learning, it has inspired me to try collaging again.


It is daunting when I begin. Unless I have a photo or a verse or an image that really resounds in my heart and soul. This one was just plain fun and I learned a new technique using gesso and stamps and acrylic paint. I'll show it to you next time I use it. I didn't photograph that part!




I got out all my trusty friends and began. About three days ago!! I have this ridiculous thought that it will be a great masterpiece in an instant, presto! kind of a moment. Or it should be. Don't you think it would do the world some good if we banned the word should from the English language?




This time around, I was determined to be o.k. with whatever time frame I had. Which was about 40 minutes one day, an hour the next and then, lo and behold on Saturday, the floodgates of time were opened up to me and I dug in. (After putzing around, of course. What is THAT about?)




I am happy to report that I was able to let this one just morph into the right direction. I started out with one quote and ended up using different one. I had a page from a book all ready to go on it and that got put in the scrap pile. I love, love, love it when I start taking things out, laying them down and then watching it change. Or taking things out, laying it down and thinking of just the right thing to add.




In doing so, I came up with an idea for my next project. How fun is that? I think I am finished with this one, but I will take another look at it in the morning and see if it needs anything more. Then I'll post it and start on the next one!




I'm hoping there is room in your day for creativity!

6 comments :

  1. I too love the morphing process...so many times I start with a vision for a necklace and by pure happenstance I put the stones aside - next to some other stones or pendant and I start to walk away for a bit...then I look over my shoulder...walk back...AH HAH! That's exactly what I wanted!

    I love your photos of the process...I feel as if I'm looking over your shoulder as you work your magic!

    Thank you for sharing!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! It was like being in the studio with you! Will be anxious to see the final piece!

    And don't you just love when one spark ignites another and off you go?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I love the photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like artistic fun to me! It always feels so good to create!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to be of service to you, Lynn!

    Ha! Ha!

    I really enjoyed your pictures---especially the paint on your paper plate and the last photo of your brush---both very vivid scenes to me!

    I can't wait to see what you made!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also can't wait to see what you have done, Lynn.

    BTW, you do such a great job of telling us and taking pictures of what you are doing.It is like you have been blogging forever. I am loving it.

    Tomorrow will we see? Or even today???

    Love,
    Suz

    ReplyDelete