.
.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Cookies and Kindness


Yesterday, our heat climbed back up to 100 degrees.
What to do after school???
Brenna and I thought turning down the air conditioner and making cookies sounded good!!


Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, to be exact...
(click on Oatmeal Raisin to get the recipe)



Brenna's favorite part is the brown sugar.

And cracking eggs.


Measuring is fun, and managing the beaters is pretty cool.



Did I mention that we like raisins?



Things always taste better when we cook together. Probably because nothing is exact...



A little extra of this, a little extra of that = YUM.



A little concentration, a lot of fun...




Just when I thought the day couldn't get any better,



We found a box on our front porch.
What's this? 
A surprise????
(We like to open boxes almost as much as we like making cookies.)
We found a sweet, sweet, kind and loving surprise from our friend, 


Just 'cause.
I wish I had recorded Brenna squealing when I told her Rebecca painted this box for her.
"OhhhhHHH- How sweeeeeet!"



Then I showed her Rebecca's blog. "Coool!!" When Dad came in and asked what all this was, Brenna said, "Dad. This is my box from Rebecca. She's an artist."



Rebecca printed out her note to Brenna and she was able to read it all by herself. Thank you, sweet friend, for that extra touch!!!
THEN, (can you stand it??)
I found a sweet card for myself:



No way!!! Yes, really!! I squeal pretty well myself...
Many thanks, Rebecca. Your kindness is so appreciated.
Wish I could send you some cookies!!

13 comments :

  1. What a beautiful and thoughtful gift for Rebecca to send! Her painting is amazing! And I am in love with the cards she created, too! I am off to check out her blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet gift! Just lovely...and those cookies make me want to go bake!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful box!
    We're holding out on cookie baking, at least for a few more weeks. It's hot here too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynn...

    Thank you so much for letting me know that Brenna loved her pink rose box. I'll tell you something...

    Since MARCH (!!!) when I asked for your address I had something in the works for your girl. To even THINK she said "...she's an ARTIST!" made me tear up. Even after years of sewing and painting I don't consider myself one quite yet. Please tell her Brenna thank you for me!

    About the printed note...

    My Miss K tells me all the time..."Nana! You write TOOOOOO loopy! Print for me!" So when I started to write out her little card I remembered to PRINT instead of using my LOOPY cursive! I'm glad Brenna could read it.

    Thanks for the nod..wish I could have had some cookies, too.

    Love to you~

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. That box is beautiful and would have made me squeal too! I am going to visit her blog right now. I figure any friend of yours...

    Well, you know the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet post.. I just love your pictures.. And that box was so pretty.. It sounds like a perfect day.... Oh yea and oatmeal are my favorite.. Yum..

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful box, Lynn. Of course you are an artist, Rebecca! I would recognize one any day.

    Love the pictures of Brenna and the cookie-making and love that shannon writes to you on your blog!

    Love you, sweetie!
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  8. AW Friend,
    This is sooooo sweet!!! I love your awesome goodies from Rebecca & Brenna looks so happy in all your pics...just priceless!
    Smiles,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. You may have ALL of my raisins.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oatmeal raisin...hubby's fave! And a surprise from Rebecca? How lovely! She has a beautiful heart for sure! I know it blessed yours!
    Have a wonderful week!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with Brenna...cracking the eggs and eating the raisins are my favourite parts of baking, too! Such a lovely surprise from Rebecca...I especially like that she printed the note so Brenna could read it herself. That's a friend with a big, caring heart...:)

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a sweet
    yummy
    and
    precious
    post

    I could almost smell the cookies baking and imagine two cute chefs busy in the kitchen and then getting to open the perfect surprise package!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lynn. Thanks for stopping by to visit. It's nice to meet you. It does look like we have a lot of common friends. You blog is so pretty. I love your header! And from reading you sweet post I can see what a kind and loving heart you have too. I look forward to coming back again soon.

    Hugs...Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete