.
.

Monday, November 2, 2009

A New Adventure

 Hey, All!
I am joining in on a new challenge. It is called "Create Every Day Month" It is hosted by Leah Piken Kolidas over at creativeeveryday.com. It is something I think will help boost the creative juices.  I love how she begins: "the rules, which are made for breaking...." makes me breathe easier right away! Her definitions of being creative are fun as well: "I mean art in the sense of anything creative, whether that be painting, drawing, knitting, sewing, cooking, decorating, writing, photography, clay, jewelry-making or whatever!"
 I have found if I just begin something with a creative outlook, it leads to more creativity. For instance, we did some clean up around the house yesterday and I got my chandelier cleaned that is over the dining room table. Because I have create every day on the brain, I looked at the crystals hanging and took some pictures. I love, love glass that is sparkly and shiny!






                                


THAT led to actually cleaning off my dining room table. (No small feat.) And making it pretty for fall.





                            


                                                   


This morning I was able to take the time to make steel-cut oats. (Brenna is still home from oral surgery.) I found a recipe to add an egg to the oatmeal from Alicia over at  Bread and Honey. I love oatmeal and this makes it even better. ( along with brown sugar and a little bit of yogurt!) I think time for oatmeal is decadent in a way. 







I do have dominoes all over my art room right now, as I am getting ready to do a boutique in November and December, but haven't taken any pictures yet. (It's easier to photograph oatmeal??) That might be my biggest creation for a while every day!! 
I feel as if I am all caught up, now! Take a look at Art Every Day Month by clicking on the button on the sidebar and see what you think.


What will you find creative in your day?
~Lynn

4 comments :

  1. Art Every Day Month is such a great idea! I really enjoyed your pictures. And Lynn, I think that cleaning has fueled 90% of my creativity this year. Looking forward to more posts!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your photos. Especially the white pumpkin photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures!! I agree, sometimes a creative approach to things is all it takes to get those creative juices running wild. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I agree. Sometimes I think it is just looking at the smallest details in a new way, that fuels creativity. It's not always the grandiose works of art! Even a pretty bowl of good-for-you oatmeal!

    :D

    -c
    yapping cat

    ReplyDelete