.
.

Friday, October 14, 2011

31 for 21 + Food Friday

Please note:
I take no responsibility whatsoever for your consumption of recipe to follow.
I was just relieved that the finished product left my house...


Every week, Brenna and I bake for her class's Bake Sale.
The kids learn to cook, package, sell, handle money, get everything ready and reap the benefits of all their hard work. Yesterday, the class went out to lunch using the money raised from the bake sales. 
I have learned that the demand is for BAKED goods. 
Fairly monster-sized baked goods.
Who am I to argue with what the market demands?
That is why we ended up making Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I found the recipe on pinterest, at Very Culinary. (fabulous blog!)



I edited it just a bit, as I honestly cannot put 2 sticks of butter into a chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Plus, I tripled the recipe and 6 sticks of butter sounded even worse.
I looked around and found a good recipe for the cookies over at Food Network.

Begin by making your cookie dough.
note to self: do NOT make it ahead of time. because every time you open the door to the refrigerator, the cookie dough is staring you down and you give in and take "just a bite."

Using an ice cream scoop, make a ball of the dough and flatten it just a bit.


Add an Oreo on top. I used Joey's from Trader Joe's.


Make another ball of dough and add that to the top of the oreo.


Gently smoosh it all together and seal the edges as you go.


It helps to put the dough in the freezer for about 2 minutes when it gets too soft.


It does not help to make these before dinner.


Because you have to try them. And then you don't want dinner.


The smell of these baking will make you surrender to eating one. Or at least part of one. They are really, really rich.
After the cookies are sealed, put on parchment paper and onto a cookie sheet. I put 6 or 7 on each cookie sheet as I didn't know how far these would spread.


Not bad, but I wouldn't put 12 on a sheet.


Let cool, package them up and GET THEM OUT OF THE HOUSE.


xo
lynn 
and 
brenna

Linking to:
Mique, over at 30 Handmade Days
And 
Ashley, over at Simply Designing.









5 comments :

  1. Have you ever considered having a baked goods booth at the Sioux Falls flea market???

    I would love to try your cookies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies... If my sister hasn't already seen this, I'm sending her your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that looks amazing.. I think I just gained a couple of pounds looking at it..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, these look totally decadent!!!! We'll all have to go to Fat Camp after gorging on this recipe :)
    Sounds like a great project which even incorporates math. That's one way to make math interesting!
    Thanks so much for stopping by. I always appreciate your kind comments!
    Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh, I really should not have seen these. Torture.

    ReplyDelete